Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Blanket

Last night I was watching a movie with my dad on TCM- thank goodness TCM doesn't have commercials during the movie, because we watching "The Great Escape." I worked on this blanket:


I have nicknamed this blanket 'Kate' 'cause that's my nickname with only one letter changed! I know that you can't tell right now, but I accidentally sewed a square on backwards! Then I thought, "I'll do that with all of my blankets to sorta 'sign' it! It's my signature on the blanket!" And.... that's why now, I'll sew a square on backwards. =]


***********************************************************************************

My grandma gave me some mason jar covers that are crocheted! She doesn't crochet, so I think that she just bought them or found them somewhere. Anyway, today, I ran into he garage and got a mason jar(If you live in the south, you have plenty of 'em.), brought it into my room, and filled it with my loose ends and extra little pieces of yarn laying around! I then put the green top on it, and here's what it looks like:


And if you look in the background, you'll see Club Penguin! I really thought that my screen saver was on.... ah well.




***********************************************************************************


The crochet class is going well. One student has made up to six face scrubbies! Not the round ones, but small, square ones. And another student's mom once crocheted- and is expecting a baby by Nov.! That student wants the make a blanket for the baby, and I'm trying to teach her, even though she has the wrong kind of yarn. Still trying, though. That's my week, I'll try to update tomorrow on my blanket. Peace, ~Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading! I try my best to respond to each comment as soon as I can! Thanks again!