Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July!

My shawl is going great! But, today, I took it to church(Left it in the car) & when we left, I accidently knocked my needle between the seats. I'll have to get it later.



After church, my family decided to go to this great restaurant in town. My grandpa asked this waitress if she knew what today was for. She replied(Not to sure) "For.. the.. uh, solders?" My grandpa told her that it was when America gained it Independence from England. Then, I said, "On July 4th, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was written and signed. The last signature was added three years later in late August." She looked at me, baffled, and asked what grade I was going into. I told her 7th, and she told me that she was going into 12th and SHE didn't even know that! My mom jutted in and told her that I was a complete History nut! And it's true, I'm not afraid to admit. Ask me about a certain time in American History, and I'll tell you all I know. Some people have told me it's annoying, so take their advice. *Wink, wink* J/K. Happy Independence Day, America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading! I try my best to respond to each comment as soon as I can! Thanks again!